There are few things that bring me greater joy than choosing Christmas gifts for my children. It’s just too much fun to imagine their little faces on Christmas morning when baby Jesus is finally in the manger and Santa Claus has paid us that long-awaited visit. Christmas in our house growing up was unbelievably magical (thanks, Mom!) and I’d love to give my own children that gift, too.
Since I know it’ll be hard enough to keep a quiet, peaceful Advent with all of the activities and normal life going on, I wanted to get most of the shopping done now so that I can really enter into the Advent season with a serene and still heart. The constant noise and badgering from brands and retailers can be deafening, and it’s so hard for me to keep myself focused on the coming of Christ and my own inner preparation when I’m constantly being tempted to consume, consume, consume. So, along with giving you some fun and different ideas for your kids’ gifts this year, I’m hopeful that this will motivate you as well to be intentional and thoughtful about your gift-giving so that the real and lasting peace of Christ can reign in your hearts all throughout Advent and the Christmas season.
Hope you enjoy!
- This doctor set for the little medical professional in your family.
- I might be getting this for Jack since he steals tools out of the toolbox all the time!
- This treehouse and this dollhouse. Can I live in both please?
- I think we’re finally old enough for magnatiles, so I’m excited to see if they live up to the hype.
- Jack has been asking for a car track every day for the past three weeks. This one looks fun! And this parking garage is adorable.
- We have one of these fishing sets from a couple years ago and we still play with it all the time. Everything from Wild Creek Co. is just the best.
- I’ve seen these climbers floating around and although we’ve never tried them, I’m sure they’d be great for those long winter months indoors.
- I used to looooove playing the cashier with my sisters when we were little, and how cute is this one by Magnolia?
- Best scooter ever, hands down.
- These stuffed animals are so sweet for a baby’s first Christmas. We got Peter the rabbit last Christmas and I’ll always remember how little he was cuddled up next to it by the tree.
- A cute little calendar to hang in their room or the playroom.
- Grimm’s wooden toys make such a good Christmas gift since they’re a bit of an investment but will last forever. This rainbow stacker is on my list–so many possibilities for open-ended play! Turning them into a track for balls is my favorite of all.
- For the budding musician on your hands, this piano is the cutest thing ever. Jack’s favorite character (so he claims) from Charlie Brown is Schroeder because of his mini piano. So there you have it!
- If matching Christmas pajamas are your thing (and why wouldn’t they be!?), Hanna Andersson always has your back. And they’re always running a sale! Burt’s Bees Baby also has the cutest Christmas jammies, and super affordable.
- I’d love to get the boys matching pairs of these Fin & Vince mittens. They’re so incredibly sweet.
- The boys’ wardrobes is probably 75% Zara, so it’s only fitting I throw in this knit sweater. They win at little boys clothes.
- I’m sure it comes as no surprise to most of you, but I have a serious weakness for little boys in overalls. These ones in that dark olive green are just perfect.
I was going to add books to the list, but that’s a whole separate post for another day! Stay tuned.
Wishing you all a happy and restful Thanksgiving!